Friday, April 24, 2015

A Decision

I met with my RE yesterday and asked for her professional opinion regarding our next steps of attempting a take home baby. 

She was not opposed to trying again naturally.  However, she did stress the time it takes to naturally become pregnant and possibly miscarry. We discussed the risks of having another D&C.  She also stressed the next pregnancy would be a bit more invested than the previous pregnancies because it would be considered high risk due to my history and more importantly daily Lovenox injections due to my thrombophilia markers which I have four (way to hit it out of the genetics ballpark!) She did ensure me that if we were to try again naturally I would be closely monitored and most likely not have to endure the hemorrhaging I did last time.

She believes there is an egg quality issue going on and although IVF cannot fix the issue, it can significantly lower our odds of a miscarriage by screening the embryos. 

Her professional opinion was to continue with our plan of IVF/PGS, and after so much thought and discussion we plan on following her opinion.  I had my antra follicle count ultrasound completed and have started the suppression stage.

Life is not full of guarantees - more like the opposite.  There are times where you cannot change the cards that you have been dealt.  There are times where you have to take a leap of faith and see what happens. The last few months have taught me the only thing I do have control over are my thoughts/feelings and that in life chances need to be taken.  I am going to do everything in my power to make this experience self-empowering and positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment